A little melodic inspiration for your ears. This is a little playlist full of inspiration that i'm starting up, and every week I'm gonna add a little bit to it, and explain the significance behind the song.
1.With Arms Wide Open by Creed = this song, while it's been around a while, really brings a tear to my eye. Being the typical girl, I do someday want to be a mother, and while most of you may not realize it, this song is all about being a parent the right way. You can check out the lyrics here if you'd like to read a little more into it yourself.
2. Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Buble = This is the anthem for any single girl who wants to be with someone but doesn't want to cry over all the sad, lonely songs. Upbeat and optimistic, Buble almost makes me want to be single again just so I can belt out this song the way I used to before met EJ. :) But I have met him yet, so it's all good for me.
3. Fuckin Perfect by Pink = while some of you may prefer the clean radio mix, I went with the original version because I feel like it has a little better impact. Whatever situation you're in, this song is sure to make you cry...a little bit, at least inside if you're one of those stoic people. I haven't really loved the last few songs Pink has released, but this one...pure gold. Just listen close, and you'll feel a little bit better about yourself afterwards.
4. Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner = while this song might be seen as a little insulting to your regular fashionista, with this guy hating on the luscious sound of Louboutins clicking to a beat on marble floors, I also find it to be a great, humbling reminder that just because I dress better, doesn't mean I am.
I'm a true city girl at heart, and when it comes to songs about my three favorite cities, I can't resist. New York, Pittsburgh, and Youngstown (in order of size, largest to smallest) are my places to be and I don't think I'll ever be able to stay away from them for long. New York because, frankly, it's New York, Pitt because the city has always had wonderful appeal to me and it holds a special place in my heart, and Youngstown because...the whole area is my turf. I grew up twenty minutes away, my dad grew up in Austintown (where the rest of my family has stuck to until recently), I work in Boardman, and I know the half the Valley like the back of my hand. Songs about cities remind us of our dreams and aspirations, and give us a little extra motivation and get us pumped up to chase them.
In the playlist:
5. Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa = Pittsburgh of course! Being an avid Steelers fan alongside my better half, it feels great to blast this song as I drive by my work just to get at my Browns-fan boss.
6. Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys = ever since this song came out I've been madly in love with it. We all dream of NYC and this song really brings that desire to life.
Below. Youngstown by Sarah Turner = I'm not usually a country person, but when EJ played this song for me I feel in love.